Jupiter Opposition

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Asbytec

Asbytec

Guy in a furry hat

• Loc: La Union, PI

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

You know, I stepped down to a 6" aperture in retirement, something easy and light. Something that reminded me of the challenge of observing as a kid. Maybe in some way wanting to return to those glorious days of youthful discovery. You know what, I nailed it.

Nothing wrong with a smaller aperture, especially unobstructed refractor. One day you may look back on these days with fondness, with a sense of discovery. That's really been my experience coming full circle with 18" Dobs and imaging equipment. Back to basics, back to that very human element of visual observing that I felt 4 decades ago.

So, if you do upgrade, feel free to travel the giant circle of life. It'll be a heck of a journey. :)

#27 Dean Norris

Dean Norris

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Norme,

Excellent sketches of Jupiter, a wealth of detail. The subtle shadings are very realistic. All in a 6 inch scope!
This has been a great opposition. I look forward to many more fine views through the telescope and seeing the great sketches here on this forum.

Thanks for posting. Dean

#28 Asbytec

Asbytec

Guy in a furry hat

• Loc: La Union, PI

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

It has been a great one, Dean. Thank you.

#29 astronz59

astronz59

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

A maaaay zzzing! I like the at the scope atmospere you have somehow captured here. Fantastic drawing and account of the joys of planetary observation! :refractor::crazyeyes::rollgrin: :waytogo: :bow:

#30 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Norme that seriously a good rendering. I might just print and hang it.
Just relooking at the thread.

Pete

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics