Photo

Any unique deepsky websites for Perseus out there?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm not looking for a site with Messier objects, they're a dime a dozen. I'm looking for a website that's unique and has a list of peculiar clusters like an observing guide for a particular constellation. For example, The Night Sky Observers Guide has a unique list, but I'm looking for a website that's similar. Thanks! :)

#2 Edward E

Edward E

Apollo

• Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Try Darker View Planner website. It is very good at generating deep sky objects (beyond the Messier Objs) by constellations. I'm sure there are other similar sites but this is one I familiar with.

#3 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----
  • Loc: Piedmont NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Daniel,
Try this site . This site includes most of the viewable objects within each constellation. To view the objects in another constelation just click the constelation name in the list along the left side of the page.

#4 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Daniel,
You may also like to try this page . You can use any object in a constelation for searching and then scroll down to see the other objects in the constelation. Just click the object in the list that you are interested in to bring up the stats on that object at the top of the page. I am sure that you will enjoy playing with this page. Lot's of information here. There are three different size finder maps for each object as well as photos too.

#5 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi Daniel

I use this website a lot: http://www.virtualcolony.com/sac/ It creates individual lists for each constellation. You can filter by object type or catalogue and sort by RA, magnitude, object, U2000.0 page or surface brightness.

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#6 uniondrone

uniondrone

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Streetlight Archipelago

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

There is also this website:

DSO Browser

#7 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Try Darker View Planner website. It is very good at generating deep sky objects (beyond the Messier Objs) by constellations. I'm sure there are other similar sites but this is one I familiar with.

Edward,

I'm just finally getting a chance to check through your link here and then I'll check the others provided by everyone. So far, I must say this is an amazing site. I especially like the images! Thank you.

#8 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Daniel,
Try this site . This site includes most of the viewable objects within each constellation. To view the objects in another constelation just click the constelation name in the list along the left side of the page.

Thanks Buddy, this looks fantastic. I really like the detailed maps.

#9 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Daniel,
You may also like to try this page . You can use any object in a constelation for searching and then scroll down to see the other objects in the constelation. Just click the object in the list that you are interested in to bring up the stats on that object at the top of the page. I am sure that you will enjoy playing with this page. Lot's of information here. There are three different size finder maps for each object as well as photos too.

Buddy,

This is helpful as well. Just in case I'm missing anything, does this site have images as well? Thanks :)

#10 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Thomas,
Another fantastic site. Thanks for the link! :)

#11 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thanks Chuck. Looks like you guys all gave me a enough. I got my work cut out now! Thanks to all. :grin:

#12 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

My monthly observing lists covering Perseus can be found at the following URLs:

http://dvaa.org/ADat..._11.html#Binary

http://dvaa.org/ADat..._12.html#Binary

http://dvaa.org/ADat..._01.html#Binary

Dave Mitsky

#13 Daniel Mounsey

Daniel Mounsey

Vendor (Woodland Hills)

• Vendors

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thank you Dave.

#14 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Daniel,

Buddy,

This is helpful as well. Just in case I'm missing anything, does this site have images as well? Thanks :)

Yes. At the top of the page, above the description, it says DSS image:15x15, click that and after it loads, scroll to the bottom of the page.

#15 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Besides the others listed above, I use this one as well. I took a quick look at Perseus and they had over 50 NGC objects listed in it....Bob

nightskyatlas.com

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics