Sam's other Cams?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cheapersleeper

cheapersleeper

Gemini

• Loc: Sachse TX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

No way to hang around this forum without seeing all the interesting/encouraging/great images from the ZWO Cams. Has anyone tried the EASY cams. I am not sophisticated enough and don't really have equipment that would allow me to easily do LRGB. The color cams seem interesting, especially the inexpensive one that on the site is described as "for beginners."

Thanks,
Brad

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

.....probably best to email Sam and ask his thoughts and also if he has any images taken with it Brad - images and scope size are a good start to seeing if it might deliver what you expect... :question: :)

#3 edsplace

edsplace

Ranger 4

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'd wait for the ASI120CM to start shipping.

#4 wenjha

wenjha

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: SuZhou China

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi Brad
ASI030MC has a lower sensitivity sensor than ASI120MC.its sensitivity equal to ICX098 which has been used in 840K and spc900nc. I am sure its suitable for beginner

#5 cheapersleeper

cheapersleeper

Gemini

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

d

.....probably best to email Sam and ask his thoughts and also if he has any images taken with it Brad - images and scope size are a good start to seeing if it might deliver what you expect... :question: :)

I am expecting less and less as time goes by!! :roflmao:

My first attempts using my homemade dob/homemade platform were encouraging. So much so, that I started tinkering with my platform and managed to make it not work at all. Will be building another soon. I will have my platform and 10" F4.5 and 12" f5 dobs. I feel like the proverbial one armed paper hanger doing it this way but it fits my budget. Pretty sure that I would go nuts if I tried to do LRGB.

B

#6 wenjha

wenjha

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: SuZhou China

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi ED
ASI120MC will be ready in this weekend

#7 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: East of Poskin

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

"So much so, that I started tinkering with my platform and managed to make it not work at all."

Version II always works better than Version I anyway.....until you start tinkering with it.

#8 cheapersleeper

cheapersleeper

Gemini

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

"So much so, that I started tinkering with my platform and managed to make it not work at all."

Version II always works better than Version I anyway.....until you start tinkering with it.

I swear that if it tracks first time out I will never touch it again...

Seriously, though, Mark II will be markedly different. (pun intended) Unfortunately, I am having a hard time finding a large block of time to work on it.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics