Ordering from Berlebach?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

• Loc: Stoop Landing Observatory, NYC

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Well, it's a done deal for me as I ordered the Planet yesterday morning. It will probably be delivered after the holidays and if the tray gets mis-directed, I can still use the tripod which has a spreader included.

I'll post pictures when it eventually arrives. :jump:

#27 EFT

EFT

Vendor - Deep Space Products

• Vendors
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

That was me, Lane, and thanks again for tracking me down!!!!

I purchased a UNI-18 and they shipped the tripod in one parcel and the spreader tray in another. They both delivered to the airport in Frankfurt, via DHL, and I presume DHL flew them to the US. However, that's where things fell apart. The tripod went to New York and the tray went to Chicago. After customs, USPS handled both and managed to foul up the tray delivery. Somehow, Lane received it at his home, 30 miles away. But, he was nice enough to contact Belebach and find my email address. What a great guy! :)

Anyway, it's not DHL all the way. I don't recall even having the opportunity to select such an option.

Jerry

That was a strange one. Lane asked me about it, but I had no customer by that name so had no idea. The tripods and trays always seem to get separated. I suspect because they are such different shaped packages (long and narrow vs. wide and flat). Shipments do go from Deutche Post (DHL) to the USPS which can get wierd.

I did just have a tripod spreader go from Canada to the sorting facility in Chicago and then to Hawaii rather than Florida where it was suppose to go. It's headed to Florida now, but what a long trip.

#28 mark8888

mark8888

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I'm another one who ordered the Planet tripod and tray directly from Berlebach (to Japan)... no issues. Awesome tripod and tray.

#29 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

After a little snafu with my cc and quick back and forth communication with Marion of Berlebach, my tripod is on the way via DHL coming in 2 packages.

Wunderbar! :jump:

#30 Agatha

Agatha

Apollo

• Loc: Coulee Region, Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Jim,

I also had a little snafu with my CC, namely they blocked the transaction, until I called and verified it was indeed my purchase. They were trying to protect me. I had to e-mail Marion to say everything was fine and to try again. After that, all was good. :)

Best, Linda B.

#31 JMW

JMW

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Got the rubber feet last night from Astro-Physics. My Planet is now permitted to go on display on my hardwood floors. Feet look quite solid. I don't think there will been any negative effects on viewing.

I have to admit that I owned the Planet for more than a year before I figured out how the leg levers work. I didn't know you could pull them out and swing them back to tighten the legs more after the handle runs into the leg. I don't remember a manual for the tripod that explained this. I use my tripod with my TEC-140 and a Discmount 6. I have no doubt it would handle the TEC-160 just fine if I could afford one. It handles my C11EdgeHD without any problems.

This is not a grab and go tripod but it is perfect when you want a wooden tripod without limits.

#32 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

My Planet is now permitted to go on display on my hardwood floors.

Ditto with the rubber feet. I should be done with my hardwood floor installation by the time my Planet arrives... maybe. :grin:

Attached Files

#33 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Update. :)

Planet tripod has arrived! Shipped on the 13th, only 8 days from Germany. However, the 37mm accessory tray has not arrived yet, but tripod is ready to be used.

Attached Files

#34 mark8888

mark8888

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hey, that looks awesome, congratulations!! :grin:
You will love the tray, too, it's the best part.

#35 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Thanks. Hopefully, the tray will be here soon.

Here we are fully loaded and no sign of clear weather. :grin:

Attached Files

#36 Agatha

Agatha

Apollo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Jim,

Yaaayyyyy!!!! It is beautiful. Your floor is looking good too. Yes, eight days is really good. I hope your tray shows up within a couple of days. Oh, and of course we can't forget about what is on the Planet. Your DM-6 sure looks at home. Could you provide a bit of info on your mod.? I'm wondering how you attached the plate to the top of the mount for your Sky Commander...looks very interesting.

Congratulations and have fun. :)

Best, Linda B.

#37 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thank you Linda,

No mod by me, but a DM- 6 eyepiece tray sold by Discmounts that came with used mount purchase.

http://www.discmount...e Tray Kit .jpg

Basically slides on and off.

Attached Files

#38 Agatha

Agatha

Apollo

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Jim,

Thanks for second picture. That makes it clear. I do remember the eyepiece tray option. Looks good. Thanks again.

Best, Linda B.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics