Photo

Any way to adapt a Takahashi Mamiya 645 mount?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 azerrad15

azerrad15

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hello, just thought I would throw this out there. I've done some considerable googling on this to no avail.

I have a Takahashi Mamiya mount and I would like to adapt it to use on a standard 2" tube. I realize that I would get some or perhaps a lot of vignetting on my Phase One back but would like to give it a shot as long as I don't have to tear up the mount adapter itself to try?

The Tak Mamiya mount adapter is a standard Mamiya camera mount on one side but has male threads on the other side with a diameter of approx 71 or 72 mm. Not sure of the thread size.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

#2 TxStars

TxStars

Apollo

• Loc: Lost In Space

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

The Mamiya 645 coupler for the FC/FS-100/125 has a 72mm thread.
Precise Parts could make an adapter for you:
http://www.precisepa...main/index.html
Yes your image circle will be reduced to the smallest I.D. of your focusing system.

Which scope are you trying to put it on?

#3 azerrad15

azerrad15

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the reply. In this case it's a TV85. I have tested out the scenario by placing a simple Orion 2" draw tube against the inside of the 645 Tak adapter and snapping a few pics through the scope. It appears to work okay with a bit of vignetting.

I considered cementing the draw tube to the adapter with JB Weld but that would basically ruin the adapter and the end goal is to mate it with a TSA-102 once funding permits.

I like the idea of having these folks build a custom adapter. It would have to be a female 72mm Tak on one end to a 2" drawtube. I would think I would want it to be a few inches long so I could experiment with correct image plane distance by simply moving the tube in and out. I have not been able to locate anything with these basic requirements.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give these guys a call and go from there,

#4 piaras

piaras

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Niagara Region

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Not to highjack your thread, but I built a Phase One digital back to Canon FD lens body to play with.

I do like the idea of the MF lenses since the Pentax 67/645s are cheaper than current EOS lenses.

Maybe it will be the next step.

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics