LX200+Cartes du Ciel remote ops

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Classic LX200 M12 ok now ready for reinstall onto pier in obsy - when help arrives :grin: Anyone used Cartes du Ciel [my preferred planetarium prog] for scope pointing/control in lieu of Meade handbox :question: How effective when used as remote control from house :question:

#2 CharlieB

CharlieB

Vanguard

• Loc: Southern NH

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

If it uses the classic "brick" handbox, you will still need it to initialize the scope. Then you can use CDC to control the scope. I have done that with my LXD-650 which uses the same handbox and it works fine with CDC once the proper ASCOM driver is installed. There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name. I do have one somewhere, but I don't believe I ever tried using it.

#3 *skyguy*

*skyguy*

Vanguard

• Loc: Western New York

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name.

The LX200 Keypad Simulator:

http://www.dv-fansle..._keypad_sim.htm

#4 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name.

The LX200 Keypad Simulator:

http://www.dv-fansle..._keypad_sim.htm

Thanks - yes after opening up the obsy etc, I'll be manually using the 'brick' handbox to intialaliser the LX200 but thanks for the simulator option. :bow:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics