•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200+Cartes du Ciel remote ops

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: London UK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Classic LX200 M12 ok now ready for reinstall onto pier in obsy - when help arrives :grin: Anyone used Cartes du Ciel [my preferred planetarium prog] for scope pointing/control in lieu of Meade handbox :question: How effective when used as remote control from house :question:

#2 CharlieB

CharlieB

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Southern NH

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

If it uses the classic "brick" handbox, you will still need it to initialize the scope. Then you can use CDC to control the scope. I have done that with my LXD-650 which uses the same handbox and it works fine with CDC once the proper ASCOM driver is installed. There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name. I do have one somewhere, but I don't believe I ever tried using it.

#3 *skyguy*

*skyguy*

Vanguard

• Loc: Western New York

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name.

The LX200 Keypad Simulator:

http://www.dv-fansle..._keypad_sim.htm

#4 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: London UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

There was someone a few years back that made a dongle that went into the controller jack on the mount and would initialize the scope, but I can't remember the fellows name.

The LX200 Keypad Simulator:

http://www.dv-fansle..._keypad_sim.htm

Thanks - yes after opening up the obsy etc, I'll be manually using the 'brick' handbox to intialaliser the LX200 but thanks for the simulator option. :bow:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics