CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Criterion Days

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 youngamateur42

youngamateur42

Vanguard

• Loc: La Verne, CA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Love my RV-6, waaaaay more stable that a tripod, wish they still made pier mounts. Also hands down the best 6 inch glass I've ever looked through. Wouldn't trade it for the world!

#77 DocFinance

DocFinance

Apollo

• Loc: Clear Lake, Texas

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nice article!

#78 DocFinance

DocFinance

Apollo

• Loc: Clear Lake, Texas

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Sometime in 1981 According to Company 7 which ties in with the dates for a change in position given on this page on John Krewalk Jr's site, the Krewalks being the owners of Criterion prior to the sale to the Bushnell division of B&L.

James

After reading that second link I think I can see why it went out of business so quickly. Mr. Krewalk was a very busy guy. Maybe too busy.

#79 deepwoods1

deepwoods1

Vostok 1

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

Just got a chance to read Gil's piece. Great background information. He's a wonderful asset to the astronomy community. 

#80 SDStargazer

SDStargazer

Viking 1

• Loc: Humble, TX.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Great article. Can't wait to get my RV-6 restored and so looking forward to first light w/it.

Gil will you sign my pedestal?  :)

#81 Starsareus

Starsareus

Explorer 1

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

It is good to see this interest in Criterion. My experiences go back to 551 Church St building and the Krewalk brothers and having free reign to scout out "surplus parts." I suppose this explains my addiction. I have but 2 more RV-6 scopes left( must sell) and a 6" Standard (beefier mount)(NOT selling).  Since (I am told) WE need to downsize, I will sell off the RV-6 scopes. My wife does NOT know I also have 2  Dynascope Deluxe babies hidden unclear(luckily one with the pier).  I will eventually sell off one of those. Thanks to another worker at Criterion, I ended up with a 8" 8001 SCT. Outstanding scope!  But, I smile since my wife reminds me that she "never misses a thing".   I guess I can't fool her, can I. 

#82 ed_turco

ed_turco

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Lincoln, RI

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

That is one very sweet and informative article.  I'm glad that you got "your" Dynamax back.

Good for you!

ed

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics