8 replies to this topic

#1 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi Guys

it makes no sense to ask me questions at the Refractor Forum, where I canot answere, the place is here the vendor forum.

1, the telescope is well balanced
2, James got my APM Focuser which is shorter, so he has a total of 220 mm back focuse ( so he can use anything he want include binoviewer without OPC) , the production comes with the original focuser, which is longer 40 mm longer, so no extension needet, but also only 180 mm backfocuse when focuser is fully racked in
3, weight issue, yes we are more heavy, the promissed, but to be honest looking to all details of the scope, there is no room for much saving, maybe a few hundret grams , so manufacturers weight calculation was wrong. However it is still not heavy. I know 6" Apos beeing 2.5 x more heavy

please post your questions here, so I can answere

#2 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Markus,

My understanding is that vendors can answer questions in the other forums. They just can't initiate discussions.

Bill

#3 WarrenS

WarrenS

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County New York

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sometimes there's a fine line, Markus has already been "banned" in the past, so he's being cautious!

#4 junomike

junomike

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ontario

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Markus, exactly what is invlved in swapping out a C6R Cell for your 6" F8 Cell?
Does one have to remove/replace the glass from in the cell thus requiring shimming and collimating?

Curious?

Mike

#5 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

swapping means you take off completly your achro lens in cell and we deliver you the ED in cell with a adapter going to your front tube.

I crossed the narrow lines 1 time to much, so I can read the other forums , but not write there anymore for livetime , sorry guys.

so , you can get answeres from me only on the vendor forum or of course off-line

#6 Traveler

Traveler

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Markus,

It looks like you have a winner in the APM house. Congrats!!

I have to think seriously about this 152...What do you think/plan, will the new CN 152 ED be for a long time in your product line?

#7 GHarris

GHarris

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Markus,

It looks like you have a winner in the APM house. Congrats!!

I have to think seriously about this 152...What do you think/plan, will the new CN 152 ED be for a long time in your product line?

I think it's fair to assume that the longevity of this scope on the market totally depends on sales.

As far as I'm concerned, if this had been around when I was last "shopping" a year+ ago it would have been at or near the top of my list. I had been frustrated at the time that there were no "sensible compromise" 6 inch doublets for visual users on the market, only all-out-performance triplets, with high prices, longer cooldown times, more weight, and long delays on delivery after ordering.

I ended up going in a different direction in the end, by buying a travel-portable 10 inch Dob. It's been a successful purchase but I am not sure it is well suited to outreach, which I'd like to try out sooner or later. I worry that it's a bit too fragile for the general public, and the mirrors are more exposed than would I feel comfortable with (around children!), given its very skeletal truss tube design. Plus the light path is exposed to thermal effects and not enough stray light protection for use in public spaces.

I do remain curious about trying out a good refractor. This one is very interesting indeed but I'm not sure I can justify the cost right now. I'll certainly feel like an idiot if demand is lower than expected, the initial batch slowly sells out, and they stop making more before I can buy one.

I know it's been said before, but congratulations to those who made this scope happen. I think it's a very valid niche in the market and hope it does well.

#8 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Vanguard

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hi Markus,

Do you have any plans in the future to make a smaller version of this 6" doublet with very high optical quality..say in the 120mm range? Good luck with your new 6" doublet..looks like a fine instrument, but too big for me. Thank you.

Bill

#9 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Vendors

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Hi All,

if you follow my history on Apo's you will notice that I choose and create Apos only which are available in the long run. My LZOS Apos are here unchanged since 13 years, my 107 is here already since several years , the 152ED doing well, we getting orders all around the world, USA, Europe, China and Japan, so it will be a long term run as well yes.

Other models will follow, but later, this is a very expensive investment for me and first it has to run , then we go to the next project, which we will discuss again first on CN, before we start, so your input will be entered again in the production

for now lets concentrate on this 152 ED

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics