•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

chromacor II ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dag55

dag55

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Hamburg, IL. U.S.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

My first question is will the chromacor II work with a APO doublet? I'm not after colar correction as I am wanting it to correct the 1/6 wave of over correction. Then if it will work will the natural color still be visible on planets? I am using a F-7.5 instrument that is in question.
Thanks Dane

#2 TPMack

TPMack

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: VA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Dane,
It will not work. What you need is a device called a Safix that was produced by Aries Optical. You can dial in the needed spherical correction with this corrector.

#3 dag55

dag55

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thanks , I will check into the Safix.
Dane

#4 Jeff B

Jeff B

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

What TPmack says is correct.

However, a small amount of overcorrection may not be such a bad thing to have since, as a scope cools, it will tend to show undercorrection, which the small amount of overcorrection (and it is small)will tend to compensate for.

Jeff

#5 dag55

dag55

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thanks Jeff, I will do some testing and observing and determine if the Safix is worth the investment.
Dane

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics