• Loc: Mantrap Lake, MN

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Post deleted by Rick J

#2 rdandrea

rdandrea

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Colorado, USA DM59ra

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Oh that's the standard, regulation ant-inspector mount. You see it all the time on Ebay and Craigslist.

#3 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yes, exposure such as this is noticed immediately by those of us interested in astronomy; sadly, to others, it goes unnoticed. This commercial was covered extensively in a thread in OTO, when it first was shown.

#4 Rick J

Rick J

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Mantrap Lake, MN

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Just started running here a fe days ago localy so we didn't realize it was old elsewhere. Odd they didn't correct it.

Rick

#5 DavidC

DavidC

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Mesa, Arizona

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

No, they would not have corrected the fact it was $*&% backwards. They sell pizzas not telescopes, they probably didn't even care about how the scope appeared to the general public. Their pizza's are too oily anyway, I've got oily skin enough.
David

#6 Dave74

Dave74

Mariner 2

• Loc: Gelatinous, MA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

check out this ad on ebay. Must be the same style scope they used in that commercial.

http://www.ebay.com/...sid=e17002.m...

#7 rdandrea

rdandrea

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Colorado, USA DM59ra

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yes, the ant-inspector mount.

Costs extra.

#8 csrlice12

csrlice12

Voyager 1

• Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

When Outer Space just isn't enough.....Meade proudly introduces its new line of "Inner Space" scopes.....Free Pizza with every purchase!

#9 Meadeball

Meadeball

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Midlothian, Virginia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Oh that's the standard, regulation ant-inspector mount. You see it all the time on Ebay and Craigslist.

Well, we all know that the "DS" in "DS-114" stands for "Deep Soil."

Funny you caught that one; I was laughing at three others just today!

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Push a little harder

Not for high-rise dwellers

(BTW, take a good look at that last one. Look how much he wants for this "new in box" scope that sells for $199 at Costco. Note how, interestingly, his only photo is of the display model at Costco. And his description is just a rehash of what's printed on the carton. (I know; I own one.) Think he might be running a little for-profit reseller service with a 50 percent markup? Just wondering ...)

#10 CelestronDaddy

CelestronDaddy

Viking 1

• Loc: Central Texas

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I saw the commercial and just had to chuckle to myself. I guess they took it off once it was realized that it as a goof :grin: I decided to hold off ordering a pizza afterwards, g...

#11 mich_al

mich_al

Vanguard

• Loc: Rural central lower Michigan Yellow Skies

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Well, we all know that the "DS" in "DS-114" stands for "Deep Soil."

Funny you caught that one; I was laughing at three others just today!

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Push a little harder

Not for high-rise dwellers

(BTW, take a good look at that last one. Look how much he wants for this "new in box" scope that sells for $199 at Costco. Note how, interestingly, his only photo is of the display model at Costco. And his description is just a rehash of what's printed on the carton. (I know; I own one.) Think he might be running a little for-profit reseller service with a 50 percent markup? Just wondering ...)

Look at his 'other items' for sale. They're all new, 'buy it now' and free shipping. I wonder if he just sends directions to the nearest Costco after the sale.

#12 Meadeball

Meadeball

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Midlothian, Virginia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Well, I got suspicious after seeing that he had one under "completed listings" as having been sold, and the same one -- same item number -- listed simultaneously as a new auction. I contacted ebay last night and explained what appeared to be going on -- reiterating that I had no proof, only that it looked suspicious -- and they put me on hold for quite a few minutes, came back to the phone and said that it appears he is "front-end reselling" without the original owner's (Costco's) permission, which is against ebay policy and (in their words, not mine) illegal. They opened a case on it and are investigating it.

#13 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Folks, since the original post was deleted, and now the thread has gone completely off topic, this thread will be locked.

Thanks everyone!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics