Photo

Lunt 1.25" Wedge Clear Aperture

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff B

Jeff B

Surveyor 1

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Does anyone know the clear aperture of the Lunt 1.25" solar wedge?

My problem is that I can't quite reach focus (less than 1/2" off) with by older 2" Baeder solar wedge when using my APM 6" F8 triplet and my Denk II bino-viewers without an OCS lens attached to the end of the Denks.

If I go with the Lunt 1.25" wedge to get more back focus, I'm concerned that I will vignet the aperture either from the inlet of the wedge or the ND filters.

Looking into an Orion 1.25" mirror with the Denks showed vignetting, however, substituting a cheap prism diagonal showed no vigneting.

Anybody have any experience using the 1.25" Lunt wedge with bino-viewers?

Thanks.

Jeff

#2 CarlDD

CarlDD

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: UK

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi Jeff

Don't know about a APM 150mm F8 ( sounds lovely ), but..

I binoview the same 1.25 inch Herschel Wedge ( Badged APM ) with Denk Standards, Power Switch, a UV/IR Cut Filter and the Denk 1.25inch OCS on the front of the wedge and both Baader Continium and Baader ND3.0 filters screwed in the 1.25 inch Denk hollow nose piece.

It all works very very well, on my TV101 ( 4 inch f5.4 ) and I use mainly a pair of25mm Orthos or 18mm BGO's but can on a good day go as high as the BGO 12.5's.

NO vignetting at all, the 1.25 inch wedge is just a super piece of kit.

///BR

Carl

#3 Ain Soph Aur

Ain Soph Aur

Viking 1

• Loc: West Tennessee

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know of any US vendor that has the 1.25" Lunt wedge in stock? Lunt doesn't even have it listed on their web site.

#4 Ecurb

Ecurb

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kirkwood, California

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

The 1.25" Wedge has never been listed on the Lunt web site, but has always been available. You need to call or e-mail Lunt to see if it is "in stock". Try e-mailing Rikki (r.hocking@luntsolarsystems.com) or sales@luntsolarsystems.com.
If you are in Europe, try APM (http://www.apm-telescopes.de).

Bruce

#5 Ain Soph Aur

Ain Soph Aur

Viking 1

• Loc: West Tennessee

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

The 1.25" Wedge has never been listed on the Lunt web site, but has always been available. You need to call or e-mail Lunt to see if it is "in stock". Try e-mailing Rikki (r.hocking@luntsolarsystems.com) or sales@luntsolarsystems.com.

Bruce

Awesome! Thanks, Bruce.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics