CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CPC 800 Purchased on ebay....Good Deal?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gaz-in

gaz-in

Viking 1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi All,

I just purchased a CPC 800 off ebay. Was looking for a Nexstar GPS 8 but when I saw this deal, I jumped on it. Seller has very good ratings. Says he has only used it 5 times since he purchased it. Always stored in the Original Box. Will ship in original box with all original accessories. Plus "a few eyepieces":

celestron 40mm e-lux (original with scope),
tele vue click stop zoom 8, 12, 16, 24 mm
tele vue 31 mm nagler type 5
tele vue 20 mm nagler type 5
celestron illuminated micro guide
tele vue 90 deg mirror diagonal-short front

Got it all for a Buy-it-now price of $1450. Earned $53 ebay bucks on the deal. Then Paypal had a special for zero percent financing for 18 months. Given the cost of just the eyepieces, I was pretty excited....

So what do you all think?

#2 MikeBOKC

MikeBOKC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yeah the eyepieces alone are worth at least half that price. Assuming the electronics are operational that is a fine deal.

#3 gaz-in

gaz-in

Viking 1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yeah...did not think it was a "steal" but seemed like a good deal. Never thought I would own two Naglers and a Televue Zoom.

#4 lamplight

lamplight

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: western MA, U.S.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

To me it is a steal if you add up all that stuff new !

#5 dwitek

dwitek

Mariner 2

• Loc: White Lake, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

To me it is a steal if you add up all that stuff new !

That's how I justify most of my used equipment purcheses "Look at all the money I saved, Honey!".

#6 gaz-in

gaz-in

Viking 1

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Seller gave em a call today. Said the TV eyepieces have boxes, end caps, and all paperwork.

I was looking at recent used sales for the TV eyepieces and TV diagonal. The 3 eyepieces and diagonal run about $1150 used. CPC 800 in original box is running about $1100 on Amart...so I am kinda happy with spending $1450 for what on Amart would rin me about $2250....

New the stuff runs about $3300.

Guy was having it professionally packed by UPS and insured...so hopefully it wil arrive in good shape.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics