• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astronz59

astronz59

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well, hey, everyone’s doing it, so I thought why not me too! I made yet another attempt to portray the GRS, what with with Jupiter filling a good amount of my FOV this opposition. Plenty of cloud detail with details in the accompanying sketch made using blue and yellow filters. For me the GRS itself remains defined more by what’s swirling around and behind it. Any attempt to spot coloration in the darned thing remained elusive. The sharp eyed amongst you will have noticed that my drawing is not synoptic, ‘cuz I got distracted by Ganymede off the p –limb closing in for an occultation. Had fun watching the moon close – as for the GRS, well, Meh! :refractor: :ohmy: :evillaugh:

Attached Files

#2 Asbytec

Asbytec

Guy in a furry hat

• Loc: La Union, PI

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Wow, that's an amazingly detailed sketch. I think you caught the GRS quite well, meh or not. :)

That little puff of white albedo preceding the GRS along the SEBs, spot on. Great catch. I have started to notice a little activity above the SEBn, too, stretching into the EZ. Quite difficult and sparsely seen, IME. Another great catch.

Well done, Astron.

#3 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ian,

That is a fantastic sketch of Jupiter and Ganymede.
Certainly glad you posted it here.

Frank :)

#4 niteskystargazer

niteskystargazer

Gemini

• Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ian,

Very good sketch of Jupiter :).

CS,KLU,

:thanx:,

Tom