Dec 12 Wide Field Challenge
Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:58 AM
Post your entries here.
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest. Entries must be made prior midnight of the last day of the month.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5. Please do not post comments in the entries thread. It is just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
*If you have a physical disability which prevents you from being able to set up your equipment, you may still post images in the contests. However, you must own the equipment.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:56 PM
Acquisition Date: Between 11/17/2012 and 11/19/2012
Camera: SBIG ST8300M @ -12°C
Telescope: Canon 200mm F2.8 L ULTRASONIC Lens
-Hydrogen Alpha (Ha): 14 x 15min (210min)
-Oxygen III (OIII): 18 x 15min (270min)
-Sulfur II (SII): 12 x 20min (240min)
Total Exposure: 720min ( 12 hours)
Limiting Magnitude: 5.1
Processed in Pixinsight 1.7 and Adobe Photoshop CS5
Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:08 PM
Filter: IDAS LPS
Image Details: 38x600sec, Darks, Flats, Bias applied
Captured with Nebulosity, Metaguide Guiding with 50mm mini guidescope and DBK618AU, Stacked in DSS, Finished off in PS CS5.
High Res - Astrobin
Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:50 PM
Scope: Canon 300mm L IS II Lens
Camera: Modified Canon 500D
Filter: Astronomic CLS Clip-in
Mount: Atlas EQ-G
Guiding: Orion Shorttube 80mm + SSAG & PHDGuide
Exposure: 30 x 240s @ ISO 1600 + 20 x 300s @ ISO 1600
Date: 8-Dec-2012 & 14-Dec-2012
Location: ~120km NE of Bangalore, India
Processing: ImagesPlus, PixInsight & Photoshop
Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:50 AM