CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Big 'C''s Nexguide autoguider and the Gemini I

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Romero

Paul Romero

Viking 1

• Loc: Reno, NV

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I hope this is the right forum for this question. Has anyone gotten the Nexguide autoguider to communicate with the Gemini I mount controller? Upon hooking mine up, I get an 'autoguider error' message.

clear skies,

Paul R.

#2 Geo.

Geo.

Gemini

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think that the NxGdr has the same output as the ST-4 so you shouldn't have the same problems as the ST-7/8 guider. The G1 may not like the signals processed through the opto isolators, but then the Shoestring box shouldn't work either.

#3 Paul Romero

Paul Romero

Viking 1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Geo,

It sounds from your post and a PM I received that its not undoable...just takes a bit of tinkering to succeed. If it wasnt so cold, I'd be out there tonight.

cya

Paul

#4 Paul Romero

Paul Romero

Viking 1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Geo,

It sounds from your post and a PM I received that its not undoable...just takes a bit of tinkering to succeed. If it wasnt so cold, I'd be out there tonight.

cya

Paul

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics