DENK S2 FILTERSWITCH-ANYGOOD?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snowboycosmos

snowboycosmos

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm about to purchase a denk S2 powerswitch for my wo bino's on my cpc1100 and was wondering if purchasing the filterswitch/filters etc was a good idea. does it make a real difference when viewing through filters..? a.novice.

#2 Bob Griffiths

Bob Griffiths

Getting Grouchy

• Loc: Frederick Maryland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I use an S1 on my CPC1100...and sent it back to Russ at Denkmeier to have it fitted with a filter switch works fine.

Although I did not use filters much ...after I spent the money I use them more and more...why not..since it only takes a millisecond and the filter is in place..

No more looking for a filter in the then unscrewing the eyepiece or diagonal then win a filter...

Bob G.

#3 Lancem

Lancem

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I also use a Denkmeier S1 with my CPC 1100. I ordered mine with the filter switch. It is very convenient to observe with filters this way when you can slide the filter in and out of the light path while observing. You will love the power switch. Very high quality diagonal and three magnifications at your fingertips with each eyepiece!

#4 Sorny

Sorny

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern MN

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm using an S2 on my CPC1100, and thinking about sending it back to get a filterswitch installed. I don't use the OIII and UHC often, but it would sure be handy to flip them in/out of view as quickly as I can swap magnifications.

Hindsight being what it is, I should have ordered mine with the filterswitch to start with.

I think you'll love the S2 and WO binos. I know I do. The 20mm eyepieces that come with the set work great for a large portion of my viewing.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics