•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Zhumell 20x80's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 upsguy

upsguy

Uff da

• topic starter
  • Loc: Schaumburg, il.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I ordered and recieved these bins knowing I had a 50-50 chance of these things being a hit or miss. I knew they're cheap, but I've had great luck with cheap bins in the past. I guess my expectations were too high... Well, The first thing that I had to deal with was Fed Ex blew off the delivery two days in a row, good reason I work for UPS. The next thing I noticed when I opened the box was HORRIBLE packing, Hayneedle used those inflatable air bag-thingys and almost all of them were de-flated... So the bins were in their thinly padded so-called case and I knew right away I was in for a treat, yea, the bad kind.
I pulled these out and before I looked through them, I KNEW I was gonna have to collimate them. Sure enough, as much as I tried to correct these, I simply couldn't get these to line up for the life of me. I'm sure the horrible pack job contributed to these most likely broken, but "cheap" quality bins.

I would NOT recommend these for anyone. Funny thing about this story is, I filled out an online return form and Hayneedle said they will send me a return check in 7-10 days and it said NOT to return them. Ha ha!!! They don't even want them back!!!

#2 psi_chemie

psi_chemie

Mariner 2

• Loc: Leawood, KS, USA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I got these and had the same alignment problem even though the shipping and packing had no issues.

They are now parts. I got some Nikon 12x50s on sale and those are fantastic. I do miss the aperture though useless as it was.

I hope others have had better luck!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics