• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 einsteinium

einsteinium

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hello, I have been attempting to use freshly downloaded WinJupos software to de-rotate my Jupiter images acquired with an Imaging Source Color DFKAU04 imaging camera. When acquiring images I use the codec Y800 and must use the debayer function in Registax 5 in order to convert my processed image into color. I am trying to use the de-rotate an avi stream function in WinJupos without any success. After entering all of the pertinent information, including an .ims file from a processed image, I hit the de-rotate icon and nothing happens. My suspicion is that the problem may have something to do with the Y800 codec. I'm just looking for any guidance or advice....Thank you so much!!!!

#2 DesertRat

DesertRat

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley of the Sun

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Probably the file is too large. For large files WinJupos wants the video in SER format. However SER format does not support color. Using a program called PIPP you can convert the color avi to 3 SER files, which WinJupos may accept, by selecting SER format and checking 'Split RGB Channels ...'.

Glenn

#3 einsteinium

einsteinium

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Many thank you's Glenn, I'll give it a try! I'm even wondering in WinJUPOS would really make that much a difference anyway. I usually try to keep my Jupiter avi's under 60 seconds and using the Y800 codec I can almost grab 2000 frames in that time period. Thank you so kindly for your help!

Kevin

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics