•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

G11 Digital Drive System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dmilone

dmilone

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

It's been a couple of years since I've done any astronomy. But now I'm trying to get back in the game. My push-to G11 seems to have a bit of a problem. It doesn't want to start. I have to turn the switch on off on off on off on off many times before it comes to life. I remember having this issue before, but it would come on after the second or third try. Now the problem is a lot worse. Maybe it sat around too long. It's like trying to start up an old car. I can't find any loose connections. The battery is fairly new. Once it's on it stays on. What should I do? Is this thing eventually going to die on me?
BTW, Merry Xmas everybody.
David

#2 Startraffic

Startraffic

Viking 1

• Loc: Lat. 39.143345, Long. -77.174802

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

David,
Sounds like maybe the switch is going bad. Very repairable, You "can" send it back into Losmandy & let them fixit. Best guess >$25 + shipping. Give them a call, they don't bite.

Clear Dark Skies
Startraffic
39.138274 -77.168898

#3 gnowellsct

gnowellsct

Cosmos

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

You can get some contact cleaner at a computer store. Might buy you some time with the switch. GN

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics