pempro and meade lx80

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ky1duck

ky1duck

Vostok 1

• Loc: paducah,ky

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

after a few other post and a lot of time i have got my lx80 talking to pempro using ascom driver. the problem is after connecting if i tell it to move 10 degrees north. it first moves about 30 degrees east then back west then north like i told it. . dose this east west move no matter what dir i tell it to go or if i hit the slew button. any ideas what i am doing wrong or have set wrong.

windows 7
ascom 6 sp1
Meade LX200 Classic and Autostar #494, #495, and #497 ver 503
meade lx80
orion ssag

thanks

#2 Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak

Vendor (PEMPro)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

To slew the mount PEMPro just sends an RA/Dec value to the mount's ASCOM driver. So, it could be a problem with the ASCOM driver with the LX80.

That said, which movement buttons are you using to slew in PEMPro? There are several places where you can do this.

-Ray

#3 ky1duck

ky1duck

Vostok 1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

i am using the buttons that are on the polar alin page bottom left where it shows RA/Dec and the numbers showing match the mount just fine. i am trying to figure out if it might be a problem with my usb to serial adapter is it posable for it to work with some programs but not others?

#4 Ray Gralak

Ray Gralak

Vendor (PEMPro)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

PEMPro uses the same code with all telescopes when you use those buttons. It is unlikely that some programs would work and others not, unless the ones that work are not using the ASCOM driver.

-Ray

#5 ky1duck

ky1duck

Vostok 1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

after playing around and taking my mount to a friends house and hooking it to an older computer running xp with all the .net framework on it mount and software work great. so it has something to do with my laptop running windows 7 64bit. and not alowing me to have all the .net framework that the ascom drivers need. and yes the programs that did work dont use ascom drivers

robert

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics