The pros of the 1000D/Rebel XS appear to be
- mirror lockup - but if I'm using the live view feed to a laptop to take planetary shots I guess lack of lock up on the 1100D/Rebel T3 ain't a problem
- older so cheaper - but the prices on Evil Bay in the UK aren't that different to some of the deals available at the photo shops for the 1100D/Rebel T3
whereas for the 1100D/Rebel T3 the pros appear to be
- lower noise - according to a review by Gary Honis the 1100D/Rebel T3 has a low dark frame noise level similar to that of the 450D and 550D and lower than the 1000D/Rebel XS
- available new - so no wear and tear on the shutter mechanism - what is the average life of the shutter mechanism?
- has a video mode - but if the live view feed can be used for planetary imaging in the 1000D/Rebel XS does this matter?
Are there any other considerations I should be taking into account?
What are your thoughts as to which would be the better camera for the job?