• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dick Lipke

Dick Lipke

Viking 1

• Loc: Marine City,Mich.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

What a shame. Some are very rare.
Wonder if the thief or thieves had a underhanded dealer in mind before the attempt. Any attempt to sell these will be suicide for a very long time.

www.stolenmeteorites.com

#2 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hopefully they will be caught before they get rid of the meteorites, and are prosecuted fully! :ohgeeze:

#3 sealevel

sealevel

Apollo

• Loc: Florida

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hopefully they will be caught before they get rid of the meteorites, and are prosecuted fully! :ohgeeze:

Here's the latest TV news scoop. Personally, I think the thieves are dead meat after this news coverage. You can also post (share) this story via your Facebook page. Just hit the share button when the video first starts. I think that would be a good idea.

http://www.wlos.com/...bed-10044.shtml

Davio R.

#4 Dick Lipke

Dick Lipke

Viking 1

• Loc: Marine City,Mich.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Here's the latest TV news scoop. Personally, I think the thieves are dead meat after this news coverage.

http://www.wlos.com/...bed-10044.shtml

Davio R.

After watching the this it doesn't look promising for the safe recovery of the meteorites. They, the thieves, probably threw them all together like rocks in a sack with no regards breakage and damage. They were looking for a quick few bucks and I doubt they had any idea of their actual value to science and collectors.

#5 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sadly, I have to agree with you, Dick. Now that this has hit the news, they probably will just dump them somewhere. How very sad.

#6 sealevel

sealevel

Apollo

• Loc: Florida

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sadly, I have to agree with you, Dick. Now that this has hit the news, they probably will just dump them somewhere. How very sad.

Hey Guys,
Don't lose heart. When the cops nab them and they're questioned, they will sing like a Canary concerning the whereabouts of those specimens. If they don't cooperate they will face a much heavier jail time. Guaranteed! This is a felony case.

Davio R.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics