•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Sirius Parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CarboAl

CarboAl

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA PA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Anyone know where I can get a break down of the parts for the Sirius mount? Or parts

#2 Geo.

Geo.

Soyuz

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Check these HEQ-5 sites, contruction is similar:

http://www.astronomy...otos/p762-sk...

http://www.astro-bab...ld/heq5-we1.htm

#3 astro_baby

astro_baby

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Are you looking for a list of parts, spares, pictures pf how the mount works etc ?

#4 EFT

EFT

Vendor - Deep Space Products

• Vendors
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

If you are looking for parts, there are only certain parts that Orion will sell you and only if you are the original owner of the mount.

#5 Geo.

Geo.

Soyuz

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Outside of Vixen there isn't much in the way of after purchase support for Asian mounts. Don Rothman and I keep some salvaged stuff around, by the HEQ-5/Sirius isn't a common junker. Some parts can be replaced with common hardware, but castings and main axis gearsets are hen's teeth.

#6 CarboAl

CarboAl

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thank You this is just what I was looking for. These forums never cease to amaze.
Terry

#7 astro_baby

astro_baby

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Never seen a busted HEQ5 to get spares from in the UK except the odd one where the mount is in such bad shape it would be useless as a source for parts. Maybe thats a testament to the mounts durability.

The UK importer can get spare parts if you can wait. They got me a few bis some time ago for a rebuild, cosmetic items only though but I have no reason to doubt they could get some other bits if asked sweetly enough.

#8 astro_baby

astro_baby

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

PS one of the nist I know they can get is spare motor control boards but they are very pricey, from hazy memory someone sometime ago in the UK got one after a blow out on the main board and it was circa £200 but thats a hazy memory.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics