• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Bartow FL.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Has anyone sketched under any other color light than red? I always seem to have problem with red. When I move from my pad to the EP it takes my eyes so long to refocus. Or am I in denial about getting older and my eyes going? :lol:

#2 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Have you tried an eyepatch over your observing eye? I have found that helps.

#3 Andrev

Andrev

Skylab

• Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi.

As for me solar sketcher, I try most of the time to keep my observing eye at the eyepiece while drawing with the other one. Try to manage that.

Andre.

#4 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

That would mess me up. I'm right eye dominate and right handed. Maybe if I stretched. :lol:

#5 mitaccio

mitaccio

Viking 1

• Loc: Oahu, Hawaii

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I find that the biggest problem for me with sketching has been the single light source. I was constantly fighting my hand creating a shadow where I was sketching and having to place my hand at an ackward angle to see. So I went out and bought a Goal Zero Luna. I put some red tape over the entire thing and run it off a cheap USB charger I once bought to recharge my phone via usb. The charger acts as a base when I set it down. Having 10 leds would seem too bright, but it isn't. It casts an even glow and almost completely removes the issues with shadows.

Try it, at less that $10 shipped, it's worth a try. It might be that the light source you are using for sketching isn't working right for your eyes.

#6 Ed D

Ed D

Gemini

• Loc: Sunny South Florida

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Mitaccio, you gave me a great idea for building my sketching light. I also have problems with a single light source. Building it wouldn't cost me anything as I already have LEDs, etc.

Ed D

#7 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yeah. I work in construction and I found a EXIT light that had been thrown out so I pulled the LED strip out of that wired it up to a dimmer and that is my red led strip light.I heard green Led lights will not hurt your night vision. Haven't tried that one yet.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics