Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:00 PM
one of the things I've always missed with Minor Planet and Comet Ephemeris Service was the graphical representation of the data. So I decided to fill the gap for myself - just developed online interactive tool named e-Sky. Type in the designation of an asteroid (either number or name), select start and final date and press 'Calculate'. As simple as that.
The project is still under development, but hopefully I'll have time to make it a full-featured application asap.
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:43 PM
And welcome to Cloudy Nights!
Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 AM
* both hemispheres display option (apart from single either Northern or Southern hemisphere display)
* fixed date panel - now you can display a sky map according to your local time, date and geographical location
* a representation of the sun, moon and atmosphere is added
* a database for all the planets is added, so you can search them by name
* a database for all NGC-objects is added, so you can search them by NGC designations (such as NGC224) or by Messier designation (such as M31).
* ephemeris calculation based on smaller increments (now the step is 24 hours)
* drawing and printing custom sky-carts for a selected area of the sky and a selected FOV
* addition of more complete star catalogs (now using only Bright Star Catalog)
* addition of IC catalog for more deep sky objects
... and many more
ps. llanitedave, thank you!