Sky Safari ever be on Kindle Fire?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AdirondackAstro

AdirondackAstro

Ranger 4

• Loc: Plattsburgh, NY

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I have downloaded both Distant Suns and SkEye for the Kindle Fire HD and as good as they are I'd love to see Sky Safari make its way to this reader/tablet. SkEye is a little difficult to use and Distant Suns is lacking in some aspects. I'm definitely willing to shell out the money for SS+ again for this device so I can have it on something larger than my iPod.

#2 SStoffer

SStoffer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I just received a Barnes & Noble Nook HD for Christmas and I cannot even purchase Skeye. The Nook HD has only one planetarium program available - Distant Suns. This program,although better than nothing, has much to improve upon.
For example, I opened an image for the Bowtie nebula (Calder 2), and viewed nothing but a dark blank screen. I hope this program improves this or I may consider changing my Nook to a pure Android OS.

Clear Skies; Stephen

#3 AdirondackAstro

AdirondackAstro

Ranger 4

• Loc: Plattsburgh, NY

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I know what you mean. I would love to have SS+ on the Kindle so I could look up NGC objects, comets and asteroids which distant suns lacks. Skeye seems like it would be much better if my tablet was strapped to the scope and used as a finder. It does have NGC but using it is not very intuitive.

Even if there was a way I could pay for it on the play store and then sideload it to the Kindle. I could root it but I'd really prefer not to do that.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics