TWC Series: Deadliest Space Weather Premier

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Man in a Tub

Man in a Tub

Voyager 1

• Loc: Fogpatch, CA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Series starts Thursday, January 3rd, 9/8c on The Weather Channel.

http://www.weather.c...ce-weather/main

:scared:

#2 LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie

TSP Chowhound

• Moderators
  • Loc: Trussville, AL

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I really enjoyed the series about Hurricane Hunters they did earlier in the year. I have seen the ads for this one and will tune in.

#3 David Knisely

David Knisely

Hubble

• Loc: southeastern Nebraska

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Let's just hope they get their facts right and don't try to scare people too much when (or if) they get around to covering the only space weather that affects us much here: that of the planet Earth. With what I have seen on cable lately, I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Clear skies to you.

#4 GlennLeDrew

GlennLeDrew

Voyager 1

• Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I can almost see the hyper-kinetic cuts and hear the breathless dramatizing. Incoming CMEs will probably be given some more-than-subliminal, 'evil' sound, but hopefully not to the ludicrous degree as was done in the risible Armageddon. The looming threat of a major power grid outage will feature prominently, of course.

#5 mich_al

mich_al

Vanguard

• Loc: Rural central lower Michigan Yellow Skies

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can almost see the hyper-kinetic cuts and hear the breathless dramatizing. Incoming CMEs will probably be given some more-than-subliminal, 'evil' sound, but hopefully not to the ludicrous degree as was done in the risible Armageddon. The looming threat of a major power grid outage will feature prominently, of course.

That's the tone that I'm expecting. Seems like most news programs / reporters now want to over dramatize. Frankly I'd like to see the weather channel get back to showing the weather.

#6 Michael Rapp

Michael Rapp

Gemini

• Loc: Dickinson, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, the "our placid star which at ANY MOMENT COULD ERUPT AND EXTINGUISH ALL LIFE ON EARTH" type thing gets old. Seems to be the tone of most of the recent "science" programs.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics