• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Mariner 2

• ***--
  • Loc: Croatia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

It is shame for Baader that they sell expensive Mark V bino in poor carton box!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even his cheap little brother Maxbright delivers in alu koffer, and also Cheap Chinesse TS bino have koffer

Posted Image

I have contact directly Baader for this stuff, and they never answer to me!

This is shame for Baader, and they can not invoked that in carton box bino is less expensive! Aniway, person who want to buy it, have money for it, and I am not care if bino will be lets say 10 euros more expensive!

Am I right guys!???

#2 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Titusville, Florida

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Baader advertises a bino viewer for sale, not a bino viewer and case.
There are lots of cases for sale by many venders you can choose from.

#3 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Mariner 2

• ***--

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yes, but it would be nice that you do not must to buy separately case for bino, case which is not original made for this bino!

I personally would like to have whole set at once!
  • Giorgio65 likes this

#4 Stellarfire

Stellarfire

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Switzerland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Baader does it right. We, the users of the Baader Mark V, have very different bino set-up scenarios in mind. I am sure most of us prefer to do our own cases for the bino accessories and eyepieces as individually selected. I did the same. Nothing wrong with Baader's decision to sell the Mark V without case.

Stephan

#5 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yes, but it would be nice that you do not must to buy separately case for bino, case which is not original made for this bino!

I personally would like to have whole set at once!

And I personally am glad that I did not have to pay extra cost added to the Mark V's when I bought them for a case that I will never use. (Just like the case for my Maxbright's which sits empty in a closet as I store those binos with the diagonal and nose piece attached in a Televue case that holds both).
Rex

#6 Ed D

Ed D

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Sunny South Florida

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

At least they should offer an accessory aluminum case should one want it. My binoviewer came in a very nice, foam fitted aluminum case. After getting tired of having to re-adjust the thing every time after flattening it to store it in the pretty case, I finally went to Home Depot and picked up a small tool box for $5 USD. I now remove it from the scope, insert the three caps and put it away in the tool box. Next time I use it it's still in adjustment. BTW, I store my eyepiece pairs and barlows with the BV in the same box - simple and neat!

Ed D

#7 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

• Loc: Stoop Landing Observatory, NYC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Agree with both sides. Baader could include a case, but they tend to be cheap in quality and have no room for accessories.

Furthermore, binoviewers are accessorie intensive, especially if you own more than one and is why I have a separate case for them. ;)

Attached Files

#8 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Mariner 2

• ***--

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Aniway, Baader could include a case! Your decision will be after you purchase will you hold bino in original case or you will buy a new case!!!

I would like to have original case, and what I will do with that case, that is my choice!!!

#9 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes, it is odd that the far less expensive Maxbright comes with a decent case.

Now I have my own Mark Vs in a big case with the eyepiece pairs, but the fact that I don't use the case doesn't mean I would not have appreciated having one.

The difference though I am sure is that these binos are made in Europe, and the case if made in Europe would have to have Mercedes Benz Quality to make them feel good about it, and that would make it cost them $50 to produce it.. But I don't think they would be able to sleep at night if they packed thier precious Mark V in a mass market quaity case.

So, that is the reason the don't include a case..

Shucks, you know I just made that up... :roflmao:

#10 johnnyha

johnnyha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Some of those other binoviewers come not only with a case but also eyepieces! Beautiful, wonderful eyepieces! But the expensive Mark Vs do NOT? What cheapskates! :grin:

Me, I threw away the case that came with my Denk IIs. I would rather pay $10 less and not get any case, as is the case with the MkV, in any case.

BTW Denis I am just kidding but do not miss the forest for the trees my friend - that is a BRAND NEW Mark V you are looking at there! You know what some people would give to have your problem? ;) :lol:

#11 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

+1 Eddie
For example, TEC offers a nice german made case for its scopes at about $500. Glad I don't have to pay those type of production costs to get a Mark V with case included.
Rex

#12 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Mariner 2

• ***--

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

One more thing has been angry to me, my new MkV came with this issue, and I contact my dealer, ant they accept replacement, so I will get new one...maybie with new case :smirk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Sgt

Sgt

Apollo

• Loc: Under the southern horn of the bull

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Now THAT I agree is worth grumbling about.

#14 Mike B

Mike B

Starstruck

• Loc: shake, rattle, & roll, CA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Or, we might say THAT is a case for grumbling?
:tonofbricks:

FWIW, i agree with the OP. A fitted case, with some modest room for accessories, should at the very least be an option offered! :shameonyou:

I have a Denk II system, from waay back, and while i no longer store the BVer in said case, it conveniently holds nearly ALL my bino EP-pairs, so comes out with the scope 97 times out of a hundred!

This comes under the same heading as a new-car dealer charging extra for floor-mats. One of the strangest aspects of retail sales i've ever heard. NOW we have another one to ponder.
:scratchhead:

#15 crazyqban

crazyqban

Vanguard

• Loc: Miami, Florida

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I never use the cases that things come in. All of my stuff, including my Mark Vs, are customized to some degree and the standard cases that are provided with gear never work for me. I keep my Mark Vs in a waterproof SKB case with custom cut foam inserts that fit all of my eyepieces and filters.

#16 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

• Loc: bellevue ne.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Oh for cryin' out loud get some appliance epoxy white and a cardboard match stick and touch it up. :foreheadslap: God I wish I had problems like those to deal with. :foreheadslap: Mike

#17 Scott99

Scott99

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New England

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Everyone likes to build their own ultimate bino-case! I did use the foam cutouts from Baader in my homemade Tenba US-made bino-max case.

that stinks about the paint chips. It's small but then again, new is new. I don't like getting gear that looks used when I've paid for new either.

If I was going to fix it myself I might be tempted to ask them for a $100 credit or something in return.

#18 Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim

old fogey

• Loc: GREAT AMERICAN DESERT

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Oh for cryin' out load get some appliance epoxy white and a cardboard match stick and touch it up. :foreheadslap: God I wish I had problems like those to deal with. :foreheadslap: Mike

+1 :foreheadslap:

#19 AlbertoJ

AlbertoJ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Madrid (España)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Baader could give a quality box as accesory, perhaps about 100 €.
That´s correct, but you should avoid the word SHAME for something that Baader clearly advertises.

#20 panhard

panhard

It's All Good

• Moderators
  • Loc: Markham Ontario Canada

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Ok gentlemen lets play nice ok.

#21 Doug Culbertson

Doug Culbertson

Skylab

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

IMO, the lack of a case is no big deal. It is not advertised as coming with one, so you know what you are getting when you pay your money.

In spite of two previous posters making light of it, I would be highly PO'd if I had laid down $1800 of my hard earned money and then received this binoviewer with a ding in the paint. I buy most of my gear used, so I expect the occasional scratch, ding, etc. On the rare occasion that I do buy new I expect the item to arrive looking pristine.

#22 Stellarfire

Stellarfire

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Switzerland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I would be highly PO'd if I had laid down $1800 of my hard earned money and then received this binoviewer with a ding in the paint.

Two dings. I can only hardly imagine Baader shipped a new Mark V bino that way, and the thick and soft foam insert of the original box is protecting the paint very well. Something is stinking.

Stephan

#23 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Regarding the paint chips, yes they are small and probably easy to touch up, but if this was a new set of Mark V's, then one should expect a perfect finish on them considering the high cost, and more important, how did the chips get there? were the MarkV"s dropped at the factory or dealer? and if so, are they still in alignment? all good questions and issues for the OP to pursue with his dealer.
Rex

#24 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

• Loc: Stoop Landing Observatory, NYC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Aniway, Baader could include a case! Your decision will be after you purchase will you hold bino in original case or you will buy a new case!!!

I would like to have original case, and what I will do with that case, that is my choice!!!

Irrelevant, the Mark V does not come with a case. You have no choice.

Sorry about the chips, shame on the vendor if it was a mis-represented open box or used purchase.

#25 mark8888

mark8888

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

I bought a Mark V from a vendor with a nearly identical paint chip. However, I was told in advance that it had a chip... I chose to buy it so I could use it immediately rather than wait weeks or months for a new shipment to arrive. No regrets. I have also noticed pictures of other Mark V's with little chips. I think it may be somewhat common for whatever reason. To me, it's not a big deal at all and I could care less that my binos have a little chip, but that said I'm glad I was told in advance about it.

As for the case... it's funny, recently I've been looking for "the case", assuming that one came with the binoviewers, but clearly I never got one! I agree that including a case would be a good thing, though "shame" is a big word and I wouldn't use it to describe this. Very very happy with the binos.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics