Arizona Science and Astronomy Expo 2013

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 Skylook123

Skylook123

Cosmos

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

They were last year, although there was some delay as the ticket sellers in the box office were not scheduled to arrive until the "official" starting time (ii AM IIRC), and there was a large crowd waiting to get in several hours earlier. But the Convention Center reacted well, and we were only delayed less than an hour as the management rounded up staff to handle the ticket sales and entry process.

#77 jhayes_tucson

jhayes_tucson

Apollo

• Loc: Bend, OR

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

As a former professor at the College of Optical Sciences and, later, a vendor for the lab, I have been in the mirror lab many times. If you want to see state of the art, big (really, really big) telescope mirror making in action, do not miss the mirror lab tour while you are in Tucson. The lab isn't that easy to get into so this is a great opportunity. They are doing some very cool stuff and the time it takes will be well worth it.
John

#78 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

They were last year, although there was some delay as the ticket sellers in the box office were not scheduled to arrive until the "official" starting time (ii AM IIRC), and there was a large crowd waiting to get in several hours earlier. But the Convention Center reacted well, and we were only delayed less than an hour as the management rounded up staff to handle the ticket sales and entry process.

Hey Jim...the reason I asked is because I went to the link provided above, but couldn't find the tickets. However, I just checked again and I see that they will be available Tuesday. :grin: The information was probably there, but I missed it the first go 'round. :p See ya' in about a month!

David

#79 Skylook123

Skylook123

Cosmos

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

See ya' in about a month!

:jump:

#80 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

I got my tickets through Ticketmaster...good to go!!

David

#81 hm insulators

hm insulators

Aurora

• -----

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend, probably after lunch Saturday.

#82 skyward_eyes

skyward_eyes

Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

• Vendors
  • Loc: California

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Ill be at the Sky-Watcher booth so come by and say hi.

#83 Sunspot

Sunspot

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm excited about the show. I'll be in the Challenger Space Center booth on Saturday afternoon (hopefully). Be sure to stop by and say hi!

#84 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

First leg complete! Sitting in Houston with a 2 hour wait for departure to Phoenix.

David

#85 jedimasterk

jedimasterk

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Allan are you still living in NJ. Or have you moved to AZ?.

#86 Warhen

Warhen

Vendor (IP4AP)

• Vendors
  • Loc: WV, USA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks again to everyone who made SWAP 2013 a sweeping success! Based on our polling, we'll endeavor to make SWAP 2014 even better!

On a related note, I'd like to clear the air on something. Two SWAP attendees misinterpreted my presentation comments regarding Cloudy Nights. For the record- I am a major fan of CN! Not only do I enjoy the camaraderie of the forums, but I am grateful to CN and Astronomics for the freedom as vendors to promote our businesses and events such as this- CN is good for astronomy!

What I intended to, and believe I said in my talk was that while any forum can be a fabulous and free source of information, one must use discernment with regard to member-provided tutorials involving the complexities of specific software. This had nothing to do Cloudy Nights itself, nor do I feel I was defensive. If passion came off that way, I apologize. I value correctness. The power of the internet is such that anyone can post documentation and procedures with authority, while failing to do any bona fide research. I don't like seeing folks led astray by misinformation. It spreads quickly and is hard to undo. For my part, I endeavor to get things correct before I share them. Like many CN forum members however, I've picked up many good tips from guys in the know.

Thanks for letting me have that say, I appreciate it!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics