• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 rigelsys

rigelsys

Vendor (Rigel Systems)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hear Hear! Hope the exterior is self sealing for bullet holes :-)

The sad part is if the wrong group stumbles across your setup; if they can't steal anything; they will amuse themselves with destroying it to the limit. I would never consider leaving equipment in a remote place unattended. If you got it in there, others can also access the site.

#27 CMacD

CMacD

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah - Up in Canada the gun culture is almost non-existent compared to the states. It is something I am trying to wrap my mind around.

#28 poodle

poodle

Ranger 4

• Loc: Breckenridge, Texas

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

When we moved to present house we were over-run with scorpions. We might kill 3 a week in our house. Then out of nowhere we had Geko lizards move in. Bye bye scorpions. We have not seen another scorpion in about 6yrs since the Gekos arrived. The little lizards have even found there way into the house. You see one ever couple of months and it will only be a brief view at that. My wife will clobber you if you hurt her lizards. She much prefers them to scorpions.

#29 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

She much prefers them to scorpions.

So would I!!

#30 rigelsys

rigelsys

Vendor (Rigel Systems)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Picture says it all :-)

Yeah - Up in Canada the gun culture is almost non-existent compared to the states. It is something I am trying to wrap my mind around.

#31 CMacD

CMacD

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Picture says it all :-)

Ouch! I would like to keep my trailer away from that thank you. Which states should I avoid?

#32 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

vandelism in any form, can happen anywhere! Doesn't matter which state, country, etc. That's why you should take all precautions leaving valuable equipment unattended.

#33 1965healy

1965healy

The Snarkster

• Moderators
  • Loc: San Antonio, TX

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think the point that a number of us are trying to make is that creepy crawling things are really the least of your worries with an unattended but ultimately accessible and very likely "portable" and expensive rig. In the best of all possible worlds it would sit in some remote spot and image the night sky for you. In what is, unfortunately, the real world it will sit there until it's discovered by someone. I wouldn't bet on that someone being a mature, responsible adult who walks around it a couple of times and then walks away.

#34 Joe Bergeron

Joe Bergeron

Vendor - Space Art

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Lobsters aren't arachnids…they're crustaceans. Just wanted to clear that up. They're all arthropods though.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics