Attic conversion above the garage!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skycamper

skycamper

Viking 1

• Loc: Beaverton OR

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Anyone know of a reliable contractor in the portland OR area to frame the roof for a roll-off section? Im going to use chimney block to the garage floor which is 10" thick. There is a attic pull down staircase for access but was thinking of a small door to the upstairs of the house where the garage shares a wall with my sons room. I'v spoken to a few of you hear over the past few years but now I think im finally getting serious. :grin:

Hope to hear from someone,

Does anyone else have ideas for this space?

Attached Files

#2 skycamper

skycamper

Viking 1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

The framed chase to the left will make a nice obstruction to the East. Here is the attic inside. Im also going to make use of this pier! Powercoated Red!

Attached Files

#3 skycamper

skycamper

Viking 1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Red Pier!

There is a small wall in the middle of the attic for a door, pier would be next to this wall, or the wall can be removed and the breaker box moved as well.

Attached Files

#4 1965healy

1965healy

The Snarkster

• Moderators
  • Loc: San Antonio, TX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Touch base with Scott at BYO. He did my garage top Obs. Thread is in my profile on the build. He can provide plans etc or he may have a build in your area.

#5 MRNUTTY

MRNUTTY

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Mendon, MA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I used Scott at BYO too. My pier just came, and waiting on the RoR motor and track. Love that red pier, and especially the white hand prints :-)

#6 skycamper

skycamper

Viking 1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

The handprints were courtesy of the previous owners who used the space as a playhouse. Now its my man cave! Im sure once my observatory is built my 1 year old will want the same ;)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics