My two candidates are the new Canon 6D and the SBIG STF-8300M. They are exactly the same price. I am leaning toward the SBIG for a couple of reasons:
- I don't need another DSLR, though I don't currently have a full-frame sensor and the 6D does, which is why it's tempting
- I'm sure I'm going to end up with a CCD eventually anyway, so why wait
Questions for those who know more than I do (which is just about everyone here):
(1) Can I hold off on the filter wheel for now and just take mono photos while learning the camera and software?
(2) If I buy a filter wheel, should I get 8 positions or 5? (I can't afford narrowband filters right now, so I'd just be shooting LRGB to start with.)
(3) I have a separate guide camera and scope -- any potential issues there?
Thanks in advance!