Many Thanks to Baader & Esp Alpine Astronomical

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spongebob@55

spongebob@55

Viking 1

• Loc: Bergen Co. New Jersey

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

here's a big thank you to guys and companies who can help the avg joe astronomer out. As some of you know, I had a fairly new but out of warranty HYP-ZOOM 8-24 with a sizable paint flake in the lens assembly somewhere. They offered to repair or replace, being Baader's USA rep. Well they sent me a brand new Zoom!!! Thank for your great customer service. Direct phone calls and e mails all the way. Now that's how to take care of your customers. Ausgezeichnet!
(no relationship) Thanks Bob Luffel! Everyone offers goods, but its the customer service that separates the 'vendor's from the relationship building, service oriented company. :bow:
Regard,
Sbob.

#2 Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's things like that that make us not think twice about ordering from them again and again even if we pay an extra dollar or two.

#3 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

here's a big thank you to guys and companies who can help the avg joe astronomer out. As some of you know, I had a fairly new but out of warranty HYP-ZOOM 8-24 with a sizable paint flake in the lens assembly somewhere. They offered to repair or replace, being Baader's USA rep. Well they sent me a brand new Zoom!!! Thank for your great customer service. Direct phone calls and e mails all the way. Now that's how to take care of your customers. Ausgezeichnet!
(no relationship) Thanks Bob Luffel! Everyone offers goods, but its the customer service that separates the 'vendor's from the relationship building, service oriented company. :bow:
Regard,
Sbob.

I have dealt extensively (and expensively over the years due to my assorted purchases) with Bob at Alpine Astronomical. Superior service, excellent line-up of goods, a super person, and always an excellent experience. Bob ships quickly and backs up everything with what seems to be a no questions asked trusting relationship. Alpine and Astro-Physics are tops on my list.

#4 Aquarist

Aquarist

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Illinois

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Actually, I too have had excellent experiences with both.

#5 Doc Bob

Doc Bob

Viking 1

• Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

+1 re: SBOB comment. Had a similar problem and Bob L & Baader customer service was excellent!!

Good seeing,
Bob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics