Finally - a clear night, hopefully!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Escher

Escher

Apollo

• Loc: Fenton, MI

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

With any luck I plan on getting some observing time in tonight - I haven't been out since well before Christmas with the weather and holidays keeping me busy... Hopefully the clear sky chart holds...

Anyone else have plans tonight?

#2 drbyyz

drbyyz

Ranger 4

• **---

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Well I had been planning on a clear night tonight for the past few days according to the weather channel and my clear sky chart. However, this morning I woke up to see that the forecast has changed at the last minute and I won't be treated to a clear night...at least until after midnight.

Ever notice how the weather always seems to change at the last minute from clear to cloudy, but never the other way around?

#3 JimMo

JimMo

I'd Rather Do It Myself

• Loc: Under the SE Michigan lightdome

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'll be in the backyard looking at Jupiter, which usually means 4-5 minutes observing in the cold and then going back in the house. I'll go out and check on it every thirty minutes or so to see what moved. If I'd been able to get off work early I would have liked to to go to a darker site.

#4 roscoe

roscoe

curmudgeon

• Loc: NW Mass, inches from VT

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Conditions here in New England (at least my part) look decent tonight, so I'll bring my vintage 60's out for a Jupiter tour, and visit a faint fuzzy or two....
Russ

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics