January 2013 Challenge Entries (IC 443)
Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:22 AM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:29 PM
Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM
When: January 8-12 2013
Where: New Mexico Skies Remote Mayhill, NM
Equipment: ASA N10 Newtonian Astrograph
FLI Microline 11002 One Shot Color
Paramount MX, Borg Guided
Data: 26X1200 Darks, Flats, Bias -40C
IC443 in Fullsize
Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:20 PM
IC 443 the Jellyfish nebula
Imaged January 11 and 12, 2013 from Ocala, Florida.
RGB data: 6 minute exposure (each channel) stacked in DSS for a total of 3 hours
Ha data: 15minute exposure stacked in DSS for a total of 4 hours.
Orion 80mm EON (FL 480mm)
Orion 50mm guide scope with SSAG
QSI 683 ws
Losmandy G-11 with Gemini II
Astrodon Tru-balance E-Series Generation II LRGB filters
Baader 7 nm Ha filter
Click here for full resolution image.
Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:11 PM
HaLRGB Ha:7x1800,L:7X600, RGB:7X300 binned 2X2
Cameras: QHY22 (LRGB), QHY9M (Ha)
Telescope: Astro-Tech AT65EDQ
Mount: Takahashi EM-10
Location: 3RF Comanche Springs Astronomy Campus
Dates: January 18-19, 2013
Full resolution here: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:53 PM
Image taken on 1/4/2013 from Hillsborough NJ
Orion 190mm Maksutov Newtonian F/5.3
QSI 683wsg CCD camera
ImagesPlus 5.0 camera control
SX Lodestar guide camera PHD guided
AstroDon 5nm Ha filter
Exposure: 21x1200 second bin 1x1 @-30C
Ambient temperature 33.5F/30.5F
Processing: ImagesPlus, PS CS2
IC 443 Full Resolution