Photo

December 2012 Challenge Voting (Sh2-260)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: December 2012 Challenge Voting (Sh2-260) (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick one

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Hong Kong

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

http://www.cloudynig...5556536/page...

#2 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Hong Kong

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

we have our winner, please pick our next target, thanks.

#3 Mike Wiles

Mike Wiles

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Goodyear, AZ

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Congratulations Lee,

You did a great job with the background nebulosity. I'm happy to report that there are now 4 amateur images of this object in existence after this contest. I'd love to go back someday and shoot a really deep image with one of those ultra cool super fast newtonians that are out there these days. Maybe JWalk will read this and accept the challenge...

Mike

#4 elbee

elbee

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

thanks, Mike. i appreciate the extra days we were allowed to contribute to the competition. it was a challenging object. i tried to get some color data after the H-a was done but it was nearly impossible.

for february i nominate NGC2403. move it up a little higher in the sky and give the galaxy shooters something to show off their talents.

again i will comment on the current month (jan) -- why aren't you guys putting all those jelly shots i see on the message board into the january competition (personally, i could not shoot that object this month but i have seen several great images here)

#5 Mark72

Mark72

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Munich, Germany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Lee,

Congratulations!
May be everybody is just so afraid to compete with you that they keep their jellyfishes in the pond

May be next time it could be specified that only Ha or HaRGB versions are allowed. It's hard to compare your image with that of Mike. Both are great.

Mark

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics