#1 PeterDob

PeterDob

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Castelnovo ne' Monti, Italy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hello! I'd like to show you the brand-new website of my astronomy drawings:

www.astronomydrawings.com

Hopefully you like them and please don't hesitate to give me your comments!

Cheers,

Peter

#2 Jef De Wit

Jef De Wit

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hove, Belgium

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hi Peter

Nice website, with some beautiful sketches and a lot of room for many more drawings to come. Maybe you have more beautiful skies in Italy, but we here in Belgium have Trappist to drink when it is cloudy :grin: Greetings from light polluted Hove!

#3 PeterDob

PeterDob

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well, I know all about Belgium and Hove in particular so you'll surely understand why I ran away! :tomatodance:

Thanks a lot for your kind comments and whenever you're in need of better skies, you know where to find me.

Cheers,

Peter

EDIT: I just saw your sketches... OMG! I knew that there was a lot of talent in Hove, but you're a true artist. My sincere compliments!

#4 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Peter,

The sketches you have posted at your site are beautiful. Your artistic skills are at a high level and your representations of the eyepiece view are spot on.
Excellent~

Frank :)

#5 PeterDob

PeterDob

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Dear Frank, your kind words mean so much to me and you gave me the nicest compliment I could imagine. I indeed try to make my drawings as realistic as possible so that other people would know what to expect when looking through a telescope. Many, many thanks!

Peter

#6 Chopin

Chopin

Canis Insanus

• Loc: In the doghouse.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Peter, I enjoyed perusing your site. You have a gorgeous dob, BTW. Although, if there is one item I am most envious of it's that dang Echelon! A 2" binoviewer must be an experience like no other in such a large aperture instrument.

#7 PeterDob

PeterDob

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks, Jason! I didn't have the patience (and the money) for an Elite so I settled for this one. It isn't the easiest of binoviewers and takes some getting used to. So no item for public nights. But once you've found that perfect position and with a couple of decent UW eyepieces it beats any Ethos on the "immersion" effect.

Cheers,

Peter

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics