ASA DDM 60, anybody a proud owner?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Per Frejvall

Per Frejvall

Messenger

• Loc: Saltsjöbaden, Sweden

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

What 10Micron did was put more or less the same model building functionality as ASA directly in the mount firmware. Even though the model presently only can hold 25 sync points, the accuracy is close to rediculously good. Once the model is created, you do not need a PC to enjoy it! I like that.

As for gears... Direct drive is cool, that I have to admit. 10Micron got rid of half of the gears by using belt drive so it is pretty good anyway ;) not to mention the build quality!

All the best,

Per

#27 Destrehan Dave

Destrehan Dave

Sputnik

• Loc: Destrehan, LA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hello

I am am member of many Yahoo groups, but cannot seem to join the ASA group... can you please give me info on a URL or an email address / etc to join?

Thank you

#28 GIR

GIR

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hello

I am am member of many Yahoo groups, but cannot seem to join the ASA group... can you please give me info on a URL or an email address / etc to join?

Thank you

As far as I know the ASA Yahoo group has been closed down. Try the new forum ASA forum

#29 GIR

GIR

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

What 10Micron did was put more or less the same model building functionality as ASA directly in the mount firmware. Even though the model presently only can hold 25 sync points, the accuracy is close to rediculously good. Once the model is created, you do not need a PC to enjoy it! I like that.

As for gears... Direct drive is cool, that I have to admit. 10Micron got rid of half of the gears by using belt drive so it is pretty good anyway ;) not to mention the build quality!

All the best,

Per

Looks like Per started his campaign already over a year ago :smirk:
P.S. the comparison to ASA is very bias and the ASA software is from the different planet than 10micron

#30 Per Frejvall

Per Frejvall

Messenger

• Loc: Saltsjöbaden, Sweden

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Campaign???

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics