solution to EP contacting mount

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JS999R

JS999R

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I have a CPC1100 and I just installed a Celestron f/6.3 reducer. Now that I added that to the light train in front of a 2" William Optics focuser, the added implements cause the EP to contact the mount top at zenith. Since the reducer is supposed to be good for both visual and AP, it looks like I'll just leave it on there full time. However, therein lies the problem which is as the title suggests, I now have a conflict problem slewing near zenith. It doesn't seem likely a connector or adaptor will make any of these parts shrink, so I think the only option is to remove the focuser and go back to the old way and that is use the stock image shifting focuser. I really don't like that option, but there may not be another way to resolve this. It makes me think about those who image with the scope, I suppose they like the benefit of the reducer so I'm wondering what they do aside from buying a moto focuser. :question:

#2 crsrs

crsrs

Vostok 1

• Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I ordered the Extra Low Profile (ELP) focuser from Crawford Machine. I hope to avoid the clearance issue you are experiencing. I should be receive it soon...he had to make more of them this week. I'll try to remember to post my results to this forum when it comes in.
http://crawmach.com/focusers

Carol

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics