2 replies to this topic

#1 weixing

weixing

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi,
I just purchase a Stellarvue F60M2 Finderscope and the performance was not as good as I expected (read many positive review), so I put in my Cheshire eyepiece in and I realized the collimation is totally off. Instead of a round objective, I see an oval shape (like a gibbous moon shape) objective. I check my old Anatres 9x50mm finderscope and although the collimation is also off, but at least I see a round objective.

Anyway, I just want to check with other Stellarvue Finderscope owner is this consider normal?? I hope I'm not expecting too much for a finderscope... :p

Thanks and have a nice day.

PS: Happy new year!

#2 Pete-LH

Pete-LH

Messenger

• Loc: Wilmington, DE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Glad you posted this, ... Check this recent thread.

http://www.cloudynig...rd=refractor...

I wanted to get the SV 60mm as well but read the above plus had some issues with a previous item that I ordered.

Also separate from this, I bought a second hand F50M and although it gives a nice wide field and bright image, and the separate focus for the cross hair and image is very nice, I was disappointed in how much Astigmatism there is at the edge of view and on bright objects (some of that may be my own vision but I do not have the issue with a couple other finders that I have).

I am thinking of getting the Baader "Planetarium Vario Finder Scope Erect Image" listed at 63mm and was wondering if anyone had tried this finder in comparison to the SV 60mm.

#3 weixing

weixing

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hi,
I put my compact camera as close as possible and get a shot simlar to what I saw in the Cheshire eyepiece.
Posted Image

About the "Planetarium Vario Finder Scope Erect Image", I initially also interested in it, but many comment that the focusing mechanism is quite bad and wobbly. Also, it's come with a 45 degree erect image diagonal which mean I need to get another right angle one adding cost to the already expensive price tag.

Have a nice day.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics