Photo

Controlling my CPC with an Xbox controller?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Motokid600

Motokid600

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Berlin, New Jersey

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Ive been playing around with ASCOM for quite sometime now. Ive installed a few drivers relevant to telescope control and installed them ( i think ), but i cant seem to make heads or tails of this software. Now i know its possible.. Ive seen it on youtube lol. ( because if its on the internet it had to be true right? ) I first noticed ASCOM when i downloaded the latest version of backyardEOS. I over looked it at first after seeing it had to do with motorized focusers. But after i saw this video.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zu2bS1AtsbA
I became intrigued. If i could get this to work it would make everything just go so much faster. Any thoughts?

#2 Motokid600

Motokid600

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Berlin, New Jersey

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Anyone?

#3 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

The easy way to do this is with NexRemote. While the Xbox thing is probably not the optimum controller (the Logitech is), you might be able to get this one to work by editing the NR gamepad .ini file.

#4 palmer570

palmer570

Vostok 1

• Loc: Scranton, Pennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

There is a brand "split fish" I believe that makes a modified controller layout. Two smaller controllers one for each hand, each with joystick, or one joystick and one mouse.

If they worked, the single joystick be alot smaller.

#5 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Well, yeah...but... You really need all the buttons of a Wingman class controller. In addition to controlling the scope with the joystick, other HC buttons are mapped to buttons on the gamepad...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics