Meade Series 5000, 2 Inch Diagonal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

• Loc: Eastern North Carolina

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know if the Meade Series 5000 2" Diagonal with SCT Adapter will fit an LX5/2080?

I did a search both here and on the Meade website, but I can't find this specific info. Meade.com states that it will fit LT, LS, LX90 and LX200 series, but doesn't mention other models. I really don't want to spend $149 without knowing for sure this will fit my 'scope.

Thanks for your time.

#2 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Voyager 1

• Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

This is from the hip, but: I suspect it will. The SCT back thread has been the same for a *long* time. I have a '73 C8, and my Meade f/6.3 focal reducer fits right on, as does my generic 1.25" visual back.

But, I don't know for sure. Make sure you can return it, if it doesn't work.

#3 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thank you, Rick. I emailed High Point Scientific, they said I could return it for a full refund if it didn't fit...so I guess I'll get one.

Have a good day...

#4 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It should come with a SCT screw on adapter which is pretty standard. You then slip the diagonal into it with two set screws. FYI...the adapter comes in two parts. I use the shorter tube to avoid hitting the bottom of the base with mine.

#5 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

It should come with a SCT screw on adapter which is pretty standard. You then slip the diagonal into it with two set screws. FYI...the adapter comes in two parts. I use the shorter tube to avoid hitting the bottom of the base with mine.

Thank you for the info.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics