•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade Series 5000, 2 Inch Diagonal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Eastern North Carolina

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know if the Meade Series 5000 2" Diagonal with SCT Adapter will fit an LX5/2080?

I did a search both here and on the Meade website, but I can't find this specific info. Meade.com states that it will fit LT, LS, LX90 and LX200 series, but doesn't mention other models. I really don't want to spend $149 without knowing for sure this will fit my 'scope.

Thanks for your time.

#2 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

Hubble

• Loc: Inner Solar System

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

This is from the hip, but: I suspect it will. The SCT back thread has been the same for a *long* time. I have a '73 C8, and my Meade f/6.3 focal reducer fits right on, as does my generic 1.25" visual back.

But, I don't know for sure. Make sure you can return it, if it doesn't work.

#3 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thank you, Rick. I emailed High Point Scientific, they said I could return it for a full refund if it didn't fit...so I guess I'll get one.

Have a good day...

#4 REC

REC

Cosmos

• Loc: NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It should come with a SCT screw on adapter which is pretty standard. You then slip the diagonal into it with two set screws. FYI...the adapter comes in two parts. I use the shorter tube to avoid hitting the bottom of the base with mine.

#5 Duplin

Duplin

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

It should come with a SCT screw on adapter which is pretty standard. You then slip the diagonal into it with two set screws. FYI...the adapter comes in two parts. I use the shorter tube to avoid hitting the bottom of the base with mine.

Thank you for the info.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics