•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 3Jan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oracleman

oracleman

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bizkaia - Spain

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hello again,
finally I got good seeing!!! Al least, enough to enjoy a lot with Jovian details. I came late to get shadows from IO & Ganimides, but anyway, Jupiter was really astonishing!

I started with x170(12mm), with my hyperion zoom, but soon I felt that the image were quite stable and tried with x250(8mm). I attached the moon & skyglow to get a better contrast, and there they are: wow!!! grs and grs junior! It was visble (again) a gray-bluish festoon also from the neb to seb.
On seb I also saw a white oval (or maybe a whiter zone could be more precise) inside the north seb; very notorius.

Later, as grs advanced with jovian rotation, I could see a more detailed grs, even with its white turbulence as the tail from a comet. Really, really astonishing the detail. When grs passed the meridian I was unable to get a clear image from grs junior, near the limb.

I also noted that the space between ntb and neb has a little orange and yellowish colors, but so hard to get that sketched...

At the end of the session, after 3 hours with Jupiter, I tried with x300 to get more detail from grs but the image becomes blur and grs was near the limb so i left happy and hoping a similar session soon.

I attach 2 sketches: first from 21:30 (ut) and second from 22:10 (ut). So hard to draw a detailed Jupiter!!! I did my best but I think I must to work it more!!! xD Maybe, I'll try to learn to detail more at pencil, event make with colors (not digital). I think I was so stuned with the views that I think I left details to sketch xD, anyway a really good session, with a very acceptable seeing

Regards

Attached Files

#2 oracleman

oracleman

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Bizkaia - Spain

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

The 2nd sketch

Attached Files

#3 dennilfloss

dennilfloss

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Ottawa, Canada

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

I like those sketches. Aesthetically very pleasing. :)

#4 Rich (RLTYS)

Rich (RLTYS)

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: New York (Long Island)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Excellent sketches, thanks for the views.

Rich (RLTYS)

#5 Dean Norris

Dean Norris

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Oracleman,

Beautiful excellent sketches of Jupiter. Great use of color. In your first sketch there is a light oval in the SEB. During my last observation I too observed this light oval. I saw it preceded by what looked like a dark barge.

Thanks for posting. Dean

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics