CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexstar 11 GPS what version is this

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MacDougal

MacDougal

Vostok 1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I am looking at purchasing a used Nexstar 11 GPS and I am not sure if the software can be upgraded or if I can use a version 4 hand controll or version 4 + I think this means motor control 2.2 and hand control 4.3 is that correct?
Currently the scope shows 2.2 4.3 and second line 2.2
I am not sure what the numbers mean? I think this is the version that does level north for alignment?

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

More than likely it means ....

2.2 is the hand controller firmware ... and therefore no the hand controller is not upgradable.
4.3 is the motor controller firmware

2.2/4.3 was a very common combination, it works very well.

More info - http://www.nexstarsi...GPSFirmware.htm

#3 gaz-in

gaz-in

Viking 1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

My understanding is your Version 2.2 hand controller is not upgradable. However, you can purchase an Version 4 (or 4+) controller and it will work just fine. My Nexstar 8 GPS is like this. I have both the 2.2 and the 4.X hand controller. Both work just great. I actually prefer the 2.2.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics