Cartes du Ciel "Access Violation"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AdirondackAstro

AdirondackAstro

Ranger 4

• Loc: Plattsburgh, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I keep getting an Access Violation error whenever I try to plot a simulation of a comets movement across the sky for any period of time, whether it's one day or 20+ days. Happens for any object when singled out, but if I do it for all objects (planets, sun, moon, asteroids, and comets) it'll plot out the paths.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CDC hoping that would do the trick, but it's not working.

I'm running on Windows Vista. I never have had the issue with XP or Ubuntu. I also just recently had to reinstall Vista so this is a fresh windows environment with a freshly installed CDC and it's still giving me the issue.

Any idea why it would give me this error when trying to select a single object, but will chart the path for all objects?

#2 Mark9473

Mark9473

Cosmos

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I've never had this problem. Did you load a new set of orbital elements and create the reference file for the time period you want to do the calculation?

What's it trying to access?

#3 Man in a Tub

Man in a Tub

Voyager 1

• Loc: Fogpatch, CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Is your Vista reinstall fully up-to-date?

#4 AdirondackAstro

AdirondackAstro

Ranger 4

• Loc: Plattsburgh, NY

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

@Mark - I did load a new MPC file before attempting to create the paths for the objects.

@Todd - yup, all completely up-to-date. It was doing this even on my previous install of Vista.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics