CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexstar 8i SE Tripod Rubber Feet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 N8NEU

N8NEU

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pleasant Hills, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I am back. It’s been cold with weeks and weeks and weeks of cloud cover in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. What will it take to move those 5 Great Lakes further north? I bought my grandson a 5 inch Meade telescope for Christmas. It is sitting in the corner collecting dust. Meanwhile we have been reading our new astronomy books that were also gifts.

I have also been hunting for an astronomy log book to purchase. I can’t seem to find one anywhere on the net so I am making my own 5.5 X 8.5 inch log sheets to put inside an office memo binder. Only problem is now I can’t find the water deterrent paper.

Back to why I am posting. I have a Nexstar 8i SE and have discovered I have lost one of the rubber feet at the bottom of the tripod. I called Celestron service representative and he does not think this is an orderable part, but is researching the issue. Does anybody know of a substitute that will fit inside the tripod tube? I will replace all three if I must for balance. Thanks!

More clear skies PLEASE!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics