Photo

Mallincam Original Wireless Controller for $68 !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#51 mattflastro

mattflastro

Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

• -----
  • Loc: Brevard County , FL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

You have this all wrong, Matt

Your posts are sickening
Rock has personally supplied me free of charge with upgraded cameras...i was willing to pay hundreds of dollars but he refused...
He is the real, genuine deal and his cameras are used worldwide...the BBC recently used an Xtreme and a Signature to show live views over 3 nights of prime time television in their annual Star Gazing Live shows. The operator of these cameras was a famous BBC camera man who wrote a rave review about Mallincams in January's Sky At Night Magazine.....Europe's largest circulation astro mag.

A few hours spent on NSN viewing live broadcasts will show immediately the difference in quality between Rock's cameras and other astro video cameras....it's a Ferrari playing with a Ford.

I am pleased you are not buying a Mallincam.
If you did there would no doubt be more of your unnecessary poison on other related forums.

Your loss, mate

Have fun with your el cheapo Samsung

I know not of the poison you are speaking about .
I only asked about a wireless remote, a fan part number and a patent number.
Mortal sins in the minds of some , perhaps.
Also don't see what holding a patent or not, or false advertising has to do with the usage of the cameras. They can be good or bad irrespective of the maker holding or not a patent or bragging or bullying people.
Last but not least, try to not show this elitist attitude that owning an Mcam might give you the right to despise people playing with lowly cheap Sammys (that would be almost like camera racial discrimination) :o
Those people might not even own or "have fun" with the dirty cheap Samsung , you actually have no way of knowing .
I'll live with my loss and thanks for your blessings .

#52 HowardK

HowardK

Apollo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

:roflmao:

:gotpopcorn:

:roflmao:

#53 mallin

mallin

Vendor - Mallincam Video

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario Canada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hi Matt,

Patent on the Hyper circuit; you don't even know under which name it is. Do yourself a favor, go back and read my last post. Everything is explained crystal clear. I replied to you because you brought forth accusation. I replied with answers to you in which, frankly are not your business but I still give you my answer. Go read back my reply to you. It is explained.

I am not replying with insult to you but merely answering back with what you said and acused me with, you have said these things. Not me!! You are twisting things around or simply do not comprehend the meaning of my reply. Emails are the worst way to communicate.

About the fans again... What is it I do not make myself clear? I have replied to you on this subject. Beside, you never answered me back on the meaning of FUD. I still don't understand the meaning. Please explain and you did not. So, you're the one who is not replying back correctly. You are attempting to twist things around here not me.

Based on what you said in your reply, I do not have anything against you. You are the one who started it all, not me. I never come here unless a situation calls for. In this case, you created the situation by accusing me of being "expensive", and the way I took your messages is you claim I am "ripping people off". Frankly, I don't care for money. My goal is for the advancement of astronomy and help people into it nothing else. I have said it many times publicly on other lists including this one which you obviously failed to read.

Matt, I have nothing against you. My business is my business. I have business ethics. Your reply do not conform to proper ethics. Keep in mind that you are the one who has started it all, not me. I have answered all your questions to you on this list.

If you need to talk to me, please do so by calling me in person at work. I'll gladly talk to you over the phone so no misunderstanding exist.

Now, What about FUD??? What is that? You accused me of FUD.

Peace.
Rock Mallin

PS: At least i sign my full name. Anything to hide? Can we please get back to astronomy, p l e a s e ! ! !

#54 plav1959

plav1959

Messenger

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Enough already Matt. If you want to modify a stock controller for yourself go ahead and do it for yourself. You've had your say now move on. If you want to investigate patents, copyrights etc. go ahead. Leave the rest of us out of it.
I do a bunch of DIY stuff for myself. Some of the time I'd just rather spend my time working and using some of the money to just buy stuff. Others can't do the DIY thing and could care less about it.
As far as what something is worth, it's whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Mr. Mallin has a very good reputation with his customers. If you think his pricing is unfair, you are free to shop around, do it yourself, whatever. Just quit *BLEEP* about it here and do it.
Perhaps the time you spend ranting on this could be put to better use. Maybe modify a controller...

#55 Undermidnight

Undermidnight

BEOTS "Tweener Cup" winner

• Loc: Untermitternacht

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

And we are done with this thread. Please note that if you have issues with a vendor, take it up with the vendor directly and not here in this forum. I invite polite and civilized discussion about a product, even disagreement about a product, but vendor bashing is not tolerated here or anywhere on Cloudy Nights.

Thanks.. time to move along.

Jason

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics