CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion polar axis scope for Southern use

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CJM

CJM

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hi to all who read this, I own an Orion Atlas EQ6 GoTo mount but it came with printed reticule of NCP and I reside in Southern hemisphere in New Zealand and are trying to find a supplier or someone who can steer me in the wright direction for locating a polar scope with the south celestial pole and Octans printed on reticule, any advise much appreciated,
Cheers,
Chris :help:

#2 CJK

CJK

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northeast TN

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Welcome to CN!

Here's a link to a replacement polar scope that will fit your mount: SkyWatcher southern polar alignment scope

You might contact that seller to see if they can just sell you the reticle, but I wouldn't count on it, as individual parts are not so easy to obtain from Synta (who make Orion and SkyWatcher scopes & mounts).

-- Chris

#3 achronut

achronut

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

When i polar align for AP i just use a compass for rough alignment, use 1star alignment, then drift align as usual. I never bothered using the polarscope for locating NCP in my Atlas but i finish the whole polar/drift alignment in about 20-30mins.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics