• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Livelongnprosper

Livelongnprosper

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking at a telescope that the seller says is in pristine condition. It is an 8" LX200 ACF with 2 inch Williams Optics diagonal and an entire set of Meade 5000 Super Plossl eyepieces. It also comes with a t-adaptor for a Canon camera.

The seller wants 1750.00 which I think is a fair price, but I wanted to ask any of you who could take the time to answer if it is a good price?

This would be my dream scope, I also know I would have to work some OT to make up for this purchase! LOL

Oh and btw there is another 8" LX200 EMC classic and the person is asking 750.00 for it. He says it is in excellent condition.

My ultimate goal is to be able to do some astrophotography, which I know the first is set up to do. The classic would be harder, correct? I know with either one I would have alot to learn, but am willing! :D

If it were one of you, which one would you go for?

Thanks in advance for your time!

:bow:

#2 Christopher Erickson

Christopher Erickson

Vanguard

• Moderators
  • Loc: Waikoloa Village, Hawaii

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

The ACF sounds a bit high to me. The EMC seems priced right.

You can check the CN Classifieds to see what others are buying and selling these scopes for.

#3 Livelongnprosper

Livelongnprosper

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your opinion too. I have seen different ranges for cost, and I do agree telescopes if cared for don't depreciate, but sometimes the prices aren't too far from the new price which is silly. I would just try to save the rest for a new scope.

Thanks again for your time, I will let you know what I get here in about a week. I am excited either way- I just want to do my homework.

WOW I just seen you have a 16" GPS SCT- would love to see some pictures!!

Take care, Chris and let me know if you do post any pictures I would love to see some of the scope and any astrophotography you've done. :D

#4 Christopher Erickson

Christopher Erickson

Vanguard

• Moderators
  • Loc: Waikoloa Village, Hawaii

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your opinion too. I have seen different ranges for cost, and I do agree telescopes if cared for don't depreciate, but sometimes the prices aren't too far from the new price which is silly. I would just try to save the rest for a new scope.

Thanks again for your time, I will let you know what I get here in about a week. I am excited either way- I just want to do my homework.

WOW I just seen you have a 16" GPS SCT- would love to see some pictures!!

Take care, Chris and let me know if you do post any pictures I would love to see some of the scope and any astrophotography you've done. :D

Of late I have been way too busy fixing observatories and scopes for various universities to have much time using my own!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics