NEAF AND NEAIC ARE ALIVE AND WELL!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RAC-INC

RAC-INC

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

To all you NAY sayers....NEAF AND NEAIC ARE ALIVE AND WELL!!!

Nearly ALL vendors have already signed up for booths from last year, with SEVERAL requests by new vendors this year over last. We expect you will see a couple of major surprises at this years events!!!

There will be a much improved, renewed and revamped lineup including: A more attendee/vendor friendly speaker lineup, addition of new vendors, and an expanded and improved kids program and beginners workshop.

Expect this years show to be MUCH more vendor and attendee friendly, with the main focus being outreach to everyone who has an interest in this wonderful hobby and science we call Astronomy!!!

More Astronomy, and less of the rest!!! Just the way it should be!!!

RAC-INC. NEAF Committee.

#2 Thomas Karpf

Thomas Karpf

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Newington, CT

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Any chance you'll be publishing a vendors list?

#3 RAC-INC

RAC-INC

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

This is posted to address the request for a vendor list.
Although there is no absolute garrantee as far as vendors go, generally, you can expect a rate of return of over 90%.
So far NEARLY ALL of the vendors from 2012 are returning in 2013.
Although, we'd like to publish a comprehensive vendor list, it's nearly impossible to do so because quite a few vendors don't commit till rather late or pay for their booths and never show up. Also, there is a very small change over rate of new vendors to old.

RAC-INC

#4 Thomas Karpf

Thomas Karpf

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Newington, CT

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I understand that whatever list you posted here or on the NEAF website cannot possibly be 100% accurate at all times(for reasons you have explained above). It seems to me that posting (perhaps weekly?) a list of 'vendors who have paid and so are likely to actually be there' is something that would be TRIVIAL to create in this day of computers. Surely there is a current Excel list or database table which could be copied and pasted into a Cloudynights post with less effort than it took to write that reply.

Similarly, a list of 'vendors who paid to be here last year but will not attend this year' would be helpful.

Considering that 'NEARLY ALL' does NOT include Astronomics (your largest vendor normally), clearly you will have at least ONE big hole on the floor as well as a problem with the website as the website still shows that Astronomics will be attending.

Based on the current graphics on your website, had I not found information to the contrary on this website, I would have planned to purchase products at the Astronomics booth and would have been very annoyed to arrive at NEAF and find them NOT there and THEN find out that no effort was made to bother to keep the website accurate.

Just my $0.02.

#5 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• Loc: Long: 81.42 W Lat: 41.21 N

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Excellent and valid point.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics